MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS
HERE'S A LIST OF SOME MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS THIS WEEKEND. IF YOU KNOW ABOUT ANY OTHER EVENTS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO SEND A COMMENT AND POST IT ON THIS BLOG. THIS IS A PLACE WHERE WE CAN ALL SHARE INFORMATION.
I PLAN TO ATTEND THE DOWNTOWN MEMORIAL DAY PARADE ON SATURDAY. I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS PARADE EVERY YEAR.
MEMORIAL DAY VIDEO MONTAGE - A U.S. Army lieutenant colonel sent this video to me. Feel free to take a look. It's a great reminder of what Memorial Day truly means.
1) St. Charles 2009 Memorial Day Observance and Activities: In order to honor the men and women who gave their lives to secure the nation's freedoms and liberties, the City of St. Charles has planned various activities to observe Memorial Day. On Monday, May 25th St. Charles will honor their Veterans with a morning flag raising ceremony at 5:30 a.m, followed by cemetery events at 6:20 a.m. At 10 a.m. there will be a Memorial Day parade at 5th Street and Main Street followed by a Memorial Day Ceremony at Freedom Trail. For more information, contact Mark Powell at 630-587-6444 or visit http://www.st-charles.il.us/stc_calendar/date_details.asp?date=5/25/2009&TypeID=&CategoryID= to view the complete schedule of events.
2) Memorial Day Remembered Program at Dupage County's Kline Creek Farm: The Forest Preserve of Dupage County is honoring fallen Soldiers during the 'Memorial Day Remembered' program on Monday, May 25th at 1:30 p.m. During the event, costumed performers will lead a remembrance reminiscent of the era and sing the song "In Dixie's Sunny Land" which will highlight the experiences of Illinois Civil War veteran E. W. McIntosh. Kline Creek Farm is open Thursdays through Mondays from 9 a.m to 5 p.m. The program is located at 1N600 County Farm Road, one-half mile south of North Avenue. For information on the "Memorial Day Remembered" program, call Kline Creek Farm at 630-876-5900 or the Center for History at 630-682-9472 or visit http://www.dupageforest.com.
3) Skokie Memorial Day Observance: A Memorial Day observance ceremony will be held at Veterans Memorial at Krier Plaza on Monday, May 25 at 11 a.m. The ceremony will include presentations by the Jewish War Veterans Post #328, the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #3854 and the Skokie American Legion Post #320. Taps will also be performed. The plaza is located at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue/Niles Center Road and Oakton Street. For more information please contact the Village Manager's Office at 847/933-8257 or visit www.skokie.org.
4) Memorial Day Weekend at Navy Pier: Navy Pier will be holding nightly firework displays set to modern and classic songs on Saturday, May 23rd and Sunday, May 24th this Memorial Day weekend. Fireworks start at 10:15 p.m on Saturday and 9:30 p.m. on Sunday. Additionally, bands will play on Friday (5 p.m. and 8 p.m) and Saturday (2 p.m, 5 p.m, and 8 p.m.) in the beer garden. For more information visit http://chicago.metromix.com/events/community_event/memorial-day-weekend-at-streeterville/223553/content or call 312-595-7437.
5) Lake County Illinois Memorial Day Parades: Lake Villa, Lindenhurst, Libertyville, Mundelein, Wauconda, and Waukegan will each be holding Memorial Day Parades on Monday, May 25th between 10 a.m and 1 p.m. To find out more information about the location and times of each of the parades, visit http://www.examiner.com/x-1406-Lake-County-Examiner~y2009m5d17-Memorial-Day-ceremonies-and-parades-in-Lake-County-Illinois.
6) The Village of Orland Park Memorial Day Ceremony: The Village of Orland Park Veterans Commission will host its annual Memorial Day Ceremony on Monday, May 25 at 1:00 p.m. During the ceremony, Father Leo Lyons, a retired United States Air Force Colonel, will offer the blessing and Orland Park Mayor, Dan McLaughlin, will read the 26 names added to the memorial since Veterans Day. Also, the Carnivele Sisters will sing the National Anthem and Orland Park Police Officer, Tim Hasty, will play the bagpipes. The ceremony is located at the village's Veterans' Memorial, Ara Pace - Place of Peace, adjacent to the Frederick T. Owens Village Hall at 14700 South Ravinia Avenue. For more information call 708-403-6203 or visit Orland Park Memorial Day Ceremony
AGAIN, PLEASE POST ANY OTHER EVENTS HAPPENING IN OUR AREA. YOU CAN DO THAT BY WRITING A COMMENT TO THIS BLOG. THANK YOU!